1. It should be ensured that the drier is clean and ,fit for use (see document entitled "Cleaning of Fluid Bed Drier).
2. The cleaned bags should be examined to ensure that they are free from holes and other defects.
3. The finger sleeves of the bag should be fixed to the respective hooks on the holding ring. The bag support frame should be inserted and the filter bag unit should be clipped to the retaining strap.
4. The cleaned bowl of the drier should be examined to ensure that the inner surface is clean and that there is no damage to the wire mesh sieve at the bottom. The bowl should be labeled with the name and batch number of the product being processed.
5. The wet material (to be dilled) should be loaded into the bowl and the mass spread uniformly. The trolley carrying the bowl should then be wheeled in and positioned beneath the sealing ring in such a way that the sight glass is in the front and the bowl raising lever on the base is accessible.
6. The earthling should be clamped on to one of the legs of the bowl trolley or alternately, it should be ensured that the bowl comes in contact with the eat1hing strap when pushed into position.
7. The bowl should be raised with the help of the lever. Where a pneumatic device is provided on the machine, it should be ensured that the bowl gets locked in position . and the bags are also held in place.
8. The heater should be switched on and the temperature setting on the thermostat adjusted to the required inlet air temperature. Where a time switch is provided the drying time should be set by turning the knob clockwise to the extent required.
9. The dampers should be adjusted to the required level and the locking nuts tightened to keep the dampers in place.